Monday, July 26, 2010

Mini-Vacation to Gearheart Beach, OR

We had a fabulous family vaca to the Oregon Coast a couple weeks ago and when I say "family"...I mean Family! Shelby's crew, Monique's and Caprice's Fams and my parents all came to stay in 2 condos together. No accidents, illnesses, car trouble or major issues!! What a success!
The weather was great and except for the absolutely disgusting winged ant infestation on the beach one day, it was a wonderful trip!


It was also Duke's first birthday so we had a little party for him. The picture taken after this one shows him disgustingly spitting out his bite of cupcake. He did warm up to it soon enough and made a huge mess!

One of the main things I wanted was to come home with a decent family photo because we are not good posers (well 3 out of 4 us aren't good posers) and this was the best shot. Not at all what I wanted, it won't be blown up for the wall but I can make a decent scrapbook page out of it!

The girls in matching tanks. Evy is Mya's little shadow....everywhere! Mya and Sydney are great big cousins.


Getting ready for the 3-legged race in the relay games I planned for everyone.



The hotel had a nice little pool that we thoroughly enjoyed. It only took Evelyn two days to trust that the life jacket would keep her afloat if we let go and then the fun really began....










We climbed up the Astoria Column (bazillion steps up a narrow windy staircase) to see the awesome view from the top. It was pretty foggy so you cant see the river well but very neat!






2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love that family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun! i especially love the shot of monique jumping behind caprice and jonathan!!!

    ReplyDelete